Plugable USB C to VGA Cable - Connect Your USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 Laptop to VGA Displays up to 1920x1080@60HzSKU: USBC-VGA-CABLE
Plugable USB C to VGA Cable - Connect Your USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 Laptop to VGA Displays up to 1920x1080@60Hz
Plugable USB-C to VGA Adapter Cable
The Plugable USB-C to VGA Adapter Cable enables older VGA displays to be connected to a computer via a USB-C port or Thunderbolt 3 port which supports "VESA DisplayPort Alternate Mode over USB-C" ("Alt Mode"). DisplayPort signaling is converted to VGA by a chip in the adapter cable.
6 foot/1.8m cable is a seamless, single-cable solution for connecting from your Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C system to your VGA display, allowing for tidy installation and cable management without the need for additional dongles and VGA extension cables.
Supports resolutions up to 1920x1080 (1080p) at 60Hz on VGA-equipped monitors, TVs or projectors.
Alt Mode adapters allow you to add an additional display output easily and inexpensively on supported systems. Since DisplayPort Alternate Mode is a direct pipeline to the host graphics processor (GPU) in your system, the connected display will function with the same uncompromising performance of a natively attached display.
Video and photo editing, gaming, and other resource-intensive tasks are possible assuming that the system's GPU capabilities are sufficient for the application being used.
Plug and Play installation on any Windows, Mac, or Linux host which supports DisplayPort Alternate Mode (Alt Mode) video output functionality.
Adapter has been fully tested for functionality on the 2018 iPad Pro (mirroring only), 2018 MacBook Air, 2017 iMac/iMac Pro, 2017 & 2018 MacBook/MacBook Pro, MacBook Retina 12" 2016 / 2017, Google Pixelbook, Chromebook Pixel 2015, Dell XPS 13 9360 / 9370 & XPS 15 9560 / 9570, Lenovo P50, and Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+.
Late 2016 MacBook Pro systems with Thunderbolt 3 can support multiple displays via Alt Mode adapters. (Up to 2 external displays on MBP with Intel graphics, and 4 external displays on MBP with AMD graphics.)
Most current phones and tablets with USB-C ports do not support Alt Mode video output.
ASMedia USB 3.1 controllers do not support Alt Mode video at this time.
Audio is not supported over VGA connectors
Most motherboards with dual USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 ports are limited to a single Alt Mode output, and typically only support 1 USB-C Alt Mode adapter per system.
- USB-C TO VGA-Utilizes the native video capabilities of USB-C ports on supported computers to drive a VGA monitor with resolutions up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz with this 6ft/1.8m adapter cable
- OPERATING SYSTEMS-Supported on Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, and Linux, as long as the computer has a USB-C port which supports video. Plug and Play; no software installation required
- IMPORTANT NOTE-Requires USB-C port which supports "DisplayPort Alternate Mode" (not all USB-C ports/systems support Alternate Mode functionality). See additional compatibility information below
- COMPATIBILITY-Works with 2018+ iPad Pro, modern Mac computers, Dell XPS, Microsoft Surface Book 2, HP Spectre x360 systems with Thunderbolt 3 ports, and other systems which support DisplayPort Alternate Mode over USB-C
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY-We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support
Product Type: Video Cable
Product Color: Black
Brand Name: Plugable
Compatibility: Apple Devices:
- iMac Pro
- MacBook 2017
- MacBook Pro 13"
- MacBook Pro 15"
- MacBook Retina 12" 2015
- MacBook Retina 12" 2016
- Dell XPS 13
- Dell XPS 15
- Chromebook Pixel 2015
- Lenovo Yoga 900
- ThinkPad P50
- ThinkPad P70
- Galaxy S8
- Galaxy S8+
Manufacturer: Plugable Technologies
Product Model: USBC-VGA-CABLE
Product Name: USB 3.1 Type-C to VGA Cable
Manufacturer Part Number: USBC-VGA-CABLE
Manufacturer Website Address: http://www.plugable.com
Packaged Quantity: 1
Limited Warranty: 2 Year
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.